Nunavut Post

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Ontario delays reopening plan due to an increase in COVID-19 cases

Ontario delays reopening plan

As COVID-19 cases increase in the province, the Ontario government says it is halting further increases in capacity limits in “remaining higher-risk settings.” In a news release allotted Wednesday afternoon, the government said that the decision was constructed “out of an abundance of caution” while officials continue to monitor health trends.

“However, existing capacity limits and physical distancing requirements for higher-risk environments are in place out of an abundance of caution.”

Verification of vaccination will continue to be needed in places where it is required to provide the government the time it needs to evaluate any potential impact on hospitalizations and ICU admissions properly.

Capacity limits in food and drink break with dance facilities, wedding celebrations in event spaces with dancing, strip clubs, sex clubs, and bathhouses were expected to be decreased on Monday.

Moore said the 28-day review period begins on the day the limits were set to be lifted Monday in a press conference shortly after the announcement.

“Ontario’s thoughtful and careful approach to reopening has resulted in regular improvement.

As a result, hospitals and intensive care capacities are now stable, continue to have one of the below weekly case rates in the country. The virus is primarily spreading among people aged 20 to 39 in social settings where masks are not worn.

The story of the stay in reopening comes shortly after Health Minister Christine Elliott said the government wasn’t planning on changing its reopening plan despite a recent rise in COVID-19 infections.

On Wednesday, Ontario reported 454 new COVID-19 cases, a daily count higher than the same weekday in the previous two weeks. The seven-day average has now risen to 503, up from 379 the last week. More than 11.1 million people have been fully immunized in Ontario with two doses, accounting for 85.1% of the eligible (12 and older) population. The first dose coverage rate is 88.5 percent.

source: Global News

Get nunavut and Canada’s top News, Latest news and other News of the world only at most trustable news website of Canada Nunavut post.com

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *