- 2021 was The Weeknd and Justin Bieber’s year, with both superstars releasing chart-topping hits that topped YouTube’s list of most-watched music videos in Canada.
- Video for “Save Your Tears” was the most viewed video, with Bieber’s “Peaches” coming in second.
Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo, or Doja Cat were also among the artists with the most popular music videos in Canada this year:
- TheWeekndVEVO, The Weeknd: Save Your Tears (Official Music Video)
- JustinBieberVEVO, Justin Bieber: Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon
- LilNasXVEVO, Lil Nas X: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) (Official Video)
- HYBE LABELS, BTS (방탄소년단) ‘Butter’ Official MV
- dojacatVEVO, Doja Cat: Kiss Me More (Official Video) ft. SZA
- PoloGVEVO, Polo G: RAPSTAR (Official Video)
- OliviaRodrigoVEVO, Olivia Rodrigo: drivers license (Official Video)
- OliviaRodrigoVEVO, Olivia Rodrigo: good 4 u (Official Video)
- Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak, Bruno Mars, Silk Sonic: Leave the Door Open [Official Video]
- Pooh Shiesty, Pooh Shiesty: Back In Blood (feat. Lil Durk) [Official Music Video]
In addition to watching music videos, Canadians used YouTube in 2021 to stay informed, learn new skills, and have fun. MrBeast, who spent fifty hours buried underground in a glass coffin, was among this year’s Top Trending Videos in Canada.
In addition, this year’s Top Canadian Creators, Top Breakout Creators, and Top Canadian Shorts Creators demonstrate the incredible ways in which Canadians adjusted their content to help others during this difficult time.
Jeenie and Kallmekris.
Weenie made people laugh, while MadFit kept them entertained throughout the pandemic.
NileRed, the creator of the shorts, performed bizarre chemistry experiments, and magician Chris Ramsay taught subscribers how to perform magic tricks at home.
Top Canadian Creators
- Linus Tech Tips
Canadian Shorts Creators – Rising Stars
- Chris Ramsay
- NileRed Shorts
- Luke Davidson
Top Canadian Breakout Creators
- Girl With The Dogs
- ENGLISH with James · engVid
- Jason Fung
Source: ETC Canada